The new Mei641 ophthalmic lenses edger pulls together the function of different edging, grooving and drilling machines and covers all modern lab edging needs.
With the ability to bevel, to polish, to groove and to cut wrap sport lenses with steps, combined with the capacity to adapt the tool cutting angle to the lens curvature, Mei641 makes simple what is normally complicated and helps the ophthalmic lab to catch up with the fashion latest needs.
Mei641 main features
- Available edge types: Straight and Inclined Bevel, polished Rimless, polished Groove, Drill mounting, Inclined T-bevel, Inclined step Bevel.
- Full auto configuration capacity: thanks to the lens thickness detecting units machine determines automatically the exact cutting angle and optimises the cutting program job by job.
- Ready for all kind of lens surfaces: mono focal and progressive, decentred, cylindrical, toroidal lenses with bases from zero to 16, also with coating.
- Options: Smart bevel functions: adjusting the bevel position accordingly with the frame base; double size groove: 2 performing 2 or more groove's width and depth on the same lens; Step back at the specific spot; Drilling angle fully adjustable; different inclination along the lens edge.
- Ready for all plastic materials: Polycarbonate, CR 39, High Index, Trivex and any further plastic material.
- Ready for the link with the optical world: interface with the most popular tracer, interface with the most popular lab software management, WindowsXP, Oma standard interface and direct modem connection with MEI’s factory.
- "SunClick" function: import the coordinate to perform a notch where the magnete is glued, as well as the holes to set the sunscreen bridge. That allows to positioning the magnete in the same position than the sunscreen, preparing the RX lenses and sunscreen jobs
Why to chose MEI edger?