|R.I. 1.60： MR-8™|
|The best balanced high index lens material with the largest share of the R.I. 1.60 lens material market.|
MR-8™ is suited to any strength ophthalmic lens and is a new standard in ophthalmic lens material.
|R.I. 1.67： MR-7™ & MR-10™|
Global standard R.I.1.67 lens material.
Great materials for thinner lenses with strong impact resistance.
|R.I. 1.74： MR-174™|
|Ultra high index lens material for ultra thin lenses.|
Strong prescription lens wearers are now free from thick and heavy lenses.
MR™ Series based lenses are available from most leading lens manufacturers.
MR Series Features:
- High refractive index for thinner and lighter lenses.
With higher index materials, it is possible to achieve thinner lenses with the same strength.
- Superb optical quality for wearer comfort
- Both high refractive index and high Abbe number provide optical performance similar to glass lenses.
- Glass mold-casted MR™ Series shows minimal stress-strain.
(Crossed Nichol method using the polarizing film and white light source)
- Mechanical strength to protect wearers from accidental injury.
- High impact resistance of MR-8™ helps protect wearers form accidental injury.
“Use of impact-resistant lenses in eyeglasses and sunglasses”
Quasi-static loading type test for minimum robustness
- MR-8™ lens shows good tensile strength.
- MR-8™ is widely recognized as the best material for rimless frames.
- MR-8™ is adequate for the long time usage of rimless glasses.
|Endurance test under cyclic|
load for spectacle frames
Broke at 20,000 strokes
- Durability during long time usage under severe conditions
- Good weatherability provides minimal change in lens color after years of usage.
- Good compatibility with coating materials.
2) Apply tape over the pattern and then remove it.
Mix MR™ monomer (component) A & B with additives, then degas the MR™ monomer mixture.
Fill molds with the MR™ monomer mixture.
Place the filled molds into ovens, where they undergo a heat-cycle, turning the MR™ monomer mixture into a MR™ lens.
Grind and polish the surface of the MR™ lens to create a curvature for required strength.
Tint the surface of the MR™ lens.
Anti Reflection Coating
Coat the surface of the MR™ lens to protect from scratches, reflection etc.
Inspect the coated lens.